Linux setup on my computer

linux,linux mint,ubuntu Linux compilation is meanly for me to remember a few step when I install linux mint 8 and ubuntu 9.10 into my Asus laptop. This blog contain all step I did installing and troubleshoot when using Linux.

Before this I'm using ubuntu 9.10 but after trying linux mint 8 I found out it easy on me. Maybe later I will change to other distro...well still this blog will be added all the step I do in that distro.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Choose nearest Ubuntu server...

After make dual boot (Vista and Ubuntu 9.10) on my Asus notebook. Ubuntu 9.10 can detect all hardware without failure. Sound ok. Resolution now I get 1280 X 800. Usb can read easily. Hookup my Sony MP3 Walkman easily detected. Best part is I hookup my Ipod Shuffle and it can read all files inside it...windows popup and show all the files. Problem is when I hookup my external hard disk. Where no external HDD mount show on the desktop. But on Disk Utility there is USB connection. So what I do is delete the partition and make new partition as Fat32 and format back whole disk. Than unplugged back the USB and plug back to the port. Easily a windows popup and show all the files.

Ok second step is surf the net and found this website "The Silent Number" http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2009/09/top-things-to-do-after-installing.html. Where you can find the owner "Danny Piccirillo" teach you really good what to do after you install ubuntu 9.10... I follow the first step he teach ...search the nearest server as you can.

Go to System ⟶ Administration ⟶ Software Sources

- Click the drop-down menu "Download from"




















Now...
- another window popup "Choose a Download Server". Ok select the "Select Best Server"



















- "Testing download servers" display and show the search on progress...




















- Final result it show the nearest server for you.
- Click "Choose Server" that it.
- After you click the button automatically updates will be done. Just wait until
updates finish.
















- Follow below "updates" selection




















- And follow below last step.



















Ok remember this remind to me...continue next time ...so sleepy :)

* Picture taken by using "Take Screenshot" at "Application ->Accessories->Take Screenshot"

0 comments:

Post a Comment