Linux setup on my computer

linux,linux mint,ubuntu Linux compilation is meanly for me to remember a few step when I install linux mint 8 and ubuntu 9.10 into my Asus laptop. This blog contain all step I did installing and troubleshoot when using Linux.

Before this I'm using ubuntu 9.10 but after trying linux mint 8 I found out it easy on me. Maybe later I will change to other distro...well still this blog will be added all the step I do in that distro.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Install Quran from zekr



Ok try install quran under Linux mint 8 from repository but can't run the software. After 3 days try with all the help from zekr.org website I give up. I contact admin fossmalaya.com and explain my problem and he help me to solve the problem...so quite technical for me...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zekr/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zekr ttf-me-quran ttf-sil-scheherazade
sudo apt-get install ttf-farsiweb

Then go to "Tools ->Add->Translation" and choose where the directory you download the translation file.

To recitation offline follow this...

  1. download ghamdi.zip;
  2. download ghamdi-offline.properties;
  3. unzip ghamdi.zip to [zekr installation]usr/share/zekr/res/audio/ghamdi (for example C:\Program Files\Zekr\res\audio\ghamdi on Windows). After this step, you should have only *.mp3 files inside ghamdi folder;
  4. add ghamdi-offline.properties through Tools > Add > Recitation;
  5. restart Zekr and find the new recitation under Audio > Recitation menu.
Note open zekr directory as "Open as Root" and click right button and granted permission to "Create and delete files"

Extract the ghamdi.zip inside there. And you can start listen recitation offline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment